Individuals with Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome have complex and lifelong neurological and medical needs that are unique. Often, a local care team is not familiar with LGS or may not have had another patient with this diagnosis. A visit to a Comprehensive Care Center will benefit the patient and family, allowing them to connect with knowledgeable experts and dorm a bridge to their local care provider when complex issues arise.
To qualify as an LGS Comprehensive Care Center, the center is expected to:
- Offer a multidisciplinary approach for the treatment of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
- Have a high concentration of expertise and related resources centered on LGS
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge base and familiarity with LGS
- Commit to furthering clinical knowledge of LGS through collaboration with others, including LGSF
- Have involvement in studies and/or clinical trials for Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome and are knowledgeable about new treatments and cutting-edge research.
Medical professionals interested in having their center added may contact us at Jen@LGSFoundation.org for details and criteria.
LGS Comprehensive Care Centers
- Boston Children’s Hospital – Boston, MA
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia – Philadephia, PA
- Cleveland Clinic – Cleaveland, OH
- Colorado Children’s Hospital – Denver, CO
- Cook Children’s Medical Center – Fort Worth, TX
- Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital – Grand Rapids, MI
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Neuroscience Center – Hollywood, FL
- Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital – Memphis, TN
- Lurie Children’s Hospital – Chicago, IL
- Mass General Hospital – Boston, MA
- Mayo Clinic – Rochester, MN
- New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical College – New York, NY
- Nicklaus Children’s Hospital – Miami, FL
- NYU Langone – New York, NY
- Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital – Cleveland, OH
- Seattle Children’s Hospital – Seattle, WA
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital – St. Louis, MO
- UCSF – San Fransisco, CA
If there is not a center located near you, you can look for medical professionals across the U.S. who treat and have familiarity with LGS at the link below.
Disclaimer: LGSF does not endorse any particular care provider or center and provides this list only as a service to the community. Not all of the professionals and institutions listed on this site have the same treatment approach. Your decision to select a particular health care provider and/or treatment option is yours alone, and LGSF bears no responsibility for the care provided by any professional listed on this site or for the outcome of any treatment option you may select.