In everything we do, we believe every child and adult deserves a chance to live life to the fullest.
The status quo is that young children with LGS and pre-LGS are having their lives robbed from them, and adults with LGS are living with the burden of unrelenting seizures and side effects. Regardless of whether you are a caregiver of a young child with LGS or an adult battling LGS, the burden of navigating the LGS maze falls to caregivers and this burden is too great for them alone to bear.
We challenge this status quo! We are harnessing the power of the patient family community to ensure that research, care, support services, education, and awareness of LGS are relevant for those living with LGS and their loved ones.
We seek meaningful and impactful interventions that are designed to end the suffering caused by LGS.
The hope is that we will lessen the burden of LGS on younger generations.
If we are successful, the science we accelerate to find the cures for this catastrophic epilepsy disorder of early life will usher in cures for other circuits and aging disorders of the brain.
To end the suffering and devastation caused by LGS.
The LGS Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals impacted by LGS through advancing research, awareness, education, and family support.
To accomplish our mission we must:
- Support, empower, and educate our community
- Accelerate research
- Raise awareness and build community
- Build and strengthen our organization
Our Theory of Change
If we create meaningful and impactful, patient-driven programs guided by our pillars we will improve the lives of those impacted by LGS.
Our Strategic Plan
The purpose of this 3-year strategic plan is to articulate the long‐range direction and priorities for the LGS Foundation. The content for our strategic plan was derived by examining the LGS landscape. We listened to a broad range of input from key stakeholders within our community regarding current community priorities, emerging needs, and organizational strengths and vulnerabilities.
The objectives and strategies described in this plan have been reviewed and approved by our Board of Directors, with input from our Medical Science Advisory Board. These strategies will guide our efforts and investments and will balance our current and future needs. View our Strategic Plan.
Tax-Exempt Public Charity 501(c)(3)Status
- LGS Foundation was founded with the purpose of creating a community of support for families living with LGS and improving the lives of those with LGS. It was established in the state of New York and was designated a tax-exempt public charity in the United States in October 2009 by the Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3).
- LGS Foundation realizes the significance of financial transparency to our supporters. We pride ourselves on maintaining operating expenses at a minimum to ensure that the generous gift of every donor truly brings us one step closer to our mission.
- LGS Foundation’s tax identification number is 26-2051377.
- LGS Foundation’s New York State Registration number is 42-71-88.
- Tax Filings:
- 2021 Tax Filings (coming soon)
- 2021 Audited Financials Statements (coming soon)
- 2020 Tax Filings
- 2020 Audited Financials Statements (coming soon)
- 2019 Tax Filings
- 2018 Tax Filings
- 2017 Tax Filings
- 2016 Tax Filings
- 2015 Tax Filings
- 2014 Tax Filings
- 2013 Tax Filings
- 2012 Tax Filings
- 2011 Tax Filings
- 2010 Tax Filings
- 2009 Tax Filings
- 2008 Tax Filings
Audited Financials Statements not required 2008-2019
- In addition to our internal financial management controls to assure ethical leadership, LGS Foundation has established a donation policy for pharmaceutical companies, sponsors, and private donors. These guidelines serve as guidance for our board members, staff, and volunteers to guarantee there is no real or perceived bias.
- View our Donation and Sponsorship Guidelines (Coming Soon)
Corporate Relations & Interacting with the FDA
- In all relations with external organizations, LGS Foundation will act in ways that enhance our credibility and professional recognition. In order to ensure that all corporate donations are in alignment with our mission and are for the benefit of the LGS community, LGS Foundation follows the following guidelines and principles.
- LGS Foundation is proud to be a Platinum Level Participant on the GuideStar Exchange, demonstrating our commitment to financial transparency. It is the goal of the LGS Foundation that donors have the highest level of confidence when making contributions to the foundation. It is our intention to provide you with that confidence by being transparent in all we do.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to email our Executive Director or our general email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Community Participation Guidelines
- Throughout our work, the LGS Foundation is part of, supports, and directly works with many different communities. Within those communities, the LGS Foundation is committed to creating and maintaining an environment where everyone is welcomed, respected, and supported. We want our families, collaborators, employees, contractors, grantees, and partners to have an opportunity to participate and contribute, and to be valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives.
- The behaviors and practices in these guidelines reflect our LGS Foundation values as well as our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) principles — including a commitment to fostering truly inclusive work. As such, we hold ourselves accountable to these Community Participation Guidelines and expect all those who participate in the LGS Foundation communities to do the same – whether participating in an internal meeting, convening, workshop, online discussion, or other forum.
- View our Community Participation Guidelines
Updated April 10, 2022