Key LGS Publications
The following are key publications in LGS that are open access and free of charge.
- Seizure Clusters: Practical Aspects and Clinical Strategies to Care for Patients in the Community. (Penovich PE, Glauser T. Seizure clusters: Practical aspects and clinical strategies to care for patients in the community.)
- Recognizing seizure clusters in the community: The path to uniformity and individualization in nomenclature and definition (Haut SR, Nabbout R. Recognizing seizure clusters in the community: The path to uniformity and individualization in nomenclature and definition. Epilepsia. 2022.)
- Consequences: Bench to home (Kapur J, Long L, Dixon-Salazar T. Consequences: Bench to home. Epilepsia. 2022)
- Introduction to use of an acute seizure action plan for seizure clusters and guidance for implementation (Patel AD, Becker DA. Introduction to use of an acute seizure action plan for seizure clusters and guidance for implementation. Epilepsia. 2022)
- Rescue therapies for seizure clusters: Pharmacology and target of treatments (Gidal B, Detyniecki K.Rescue therapies for seizure clusters: Pharmacologyand target of treatments. Epilepsia. 2022)
- Economic aspects of treating seizure clusters (Faught E. Economic aspects of treating seizure clusters. Epilepsia. 2022)
- Future opportunities for research in rescue treatments (Wheless JW, Friedman D, Krauss GL, Rao VR, Sperling MR & Carrazana E et al. Future opportunities for research in rescue treatments. Epilepsia. 2022)
- The role of surgery in the management of Lennox–Gastaut syndrome: A systematic review and meta-analysis of the clinical evidence. (Thirunavu V, Du R, Wu JY, Berg AT, Lam SK et al. Epilepsia. 2021)
- Seizure burden in seizure early-life epilepsy: Perspectives from parents (Berg et al. Epilepsia Open, 2019)
- The direct cost of seizure events in severe childhood-onset epilepsies: A retrospective claims-based analysis (Reaven et al. Epilepsy Behav, 2019)
- Late-onset LGS: Diagnostic evaluation and outcome (Smith et al. Neurol Clin Pract, 2018)
- Evolution and course of early life developmental encephalopathic epilepsies: Focus on Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (Berg et al. Epilepsia, 2018)
- Burden of illness in patients with possible Lennox-Gastaut syndrome: A retrospective claims-based study (Reaven et al. Epilepsy Behav, 2018)
- Expert Opinion on Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (Cross et al. Frontiers in Neurology, 2017)
- Assessment of treatment patterns and healthcare costs associated with probable Lennox–Gastaut syndrome Pina-Garza et al. Epilepsy and Behavior, 2017)
- A White Paper on the Team Approach to Caring for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and Epilepsy (Kothare, Brown, McGoldrick, McNew and Wolf, 2017)
- Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (Cherian, et al. Medscape. Updated Feb 23, 2015)
- Special Issue: Current Strategies for the Management of LGS (Wheless and Pellock. Epilepsia, 2014)
- Surgical options for patients with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (Douglas, L., Salpekar, J., Epilepsia, 2014)
- Lennox-Gastaut: Impact on the Family & Caregivers (Gibson, PA. Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare, 2014)
- The efficacy and tolerability of pharmacologic treatment options for Lennox‐Gastaut syndrome (Montouris, G., Wheless, J., Glauser, T. Epilepsia, 2014)
- Strategies for Transitioning to Adult Care for Youth with Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (Camfield, Gibson and Douglass. Epilepsia. 2011)
- Increased Risk of Death Among Children With Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome and Infantile Spasms (Trevathan, E., Braun, K., Yeargin-Allsopp, M. Journal of Child Neurology, 2010)
A table of the top 1000 papers in the field ranked by their citation counts. This tells us which papers have garnered the most attention from their colleagues.
- PubMed ID – The identifier used by PubMed for this paper (‘PMID’).
- # Citations – Number of times this paper has been cited.
- Mendeley – The number of times users of the Mendeley system has added this paper to their libraries. Mendeley is a reference management platform (operated by Elsevier).
- Authors – The authors of the paper
- Year – The year of publication
- Title – The title of the paper.
- Journal Ref. – The journal, volume, and page of the paper in the journal.
- Article Type – The type of publication and source of funding.