Covid-19 Protocol for 2022 LGS Conference
The health and safety of all attendees at the 2022 LGS Foundation Conference remains our top priority. Between now and the event, we will be closely monitoring the venue’s COVID policies, government mandates and policy changes, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, and public health advancements. As information pertaining to the virus continues to develop, we will adjust our approach as needed and keep you up to date with new developments to ensure a coordinated effort and a safe environment for all LGS Foundation conference attendees.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the CDC, senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By attending the 2022 LGS Foundation Conference, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree to abide by our COVID policies for the event. Because we serve a vulnerable medical population, in some situations our COVID policies may be more restrictive than local mandates or current guidelines from the CDC. We strongly encourage attendees to be vaccinated and receive their booster shot when applicable before attending the conference. Help us keep each other healthy.
We strongly encourage individuals to be tested for COVID prior to traveling to the LGS Foundation Conference. Individuals who test positive should stay home and cancel your registration. Registration fees will be fully refunded. During your attendance at the LGS Foundation Conference in Texas, you will be required to support our COVID-19 Safety Measures, and strictly follow our COVID-19 policies and procedures. These COVID-19 policies and procedures may include but are not limited to personal sanitization, mandatory face covering, and social distancing. These policies and procedures may be modified at any time in advance of or during the LGS Foundation Conference.
If the COVID situation dramatically worsens, we may decide to cancel and reschedule the conference on or before May 13th. In the event we need to reschedule, all conference registration fees will be fully refunded. While most airlines have loosened their cancellation or rescheduling policies, be sure to consider the possibility of conference cancellation when making your travel plans.
Please regularly check back here. These policies are subject to change at any time and we will continue to revise our policies as needed to reflect the current state of the pandemic. For questions regarding these policies, please contact us at Kathy@lgsfoundation.org.
AS OF JANUARY 17, 2022 THESE POLICIES INCLUDE:
Masks must be worn at all times except while actively eating or drinking in any area that is considered LGS Foundation Conference space. LGS Foundation will require all attendees, vendors, exhibitors, and speakers – regardless of vaccination status – over the age of 2 to wear a medical grade mask (such as a surgical mask or KN95 mask) at all indoor conference sessions, Super Siblings Camp activities, and/or evening social activities. Masks must cover the nose and mouth at all times except while actively eating or drinking. Cloth masks, gaiters, or bandanas will not be accepted as facial coverings for the LGS Foundation Conference. Anyone who ignores the policy will be asked to leave the conference and will not be eligible for a refund of their registration costs. Medical masks will be available at no cost at the registration table throughout the event.
Hand Sanitizer Stations
We will have hand washing facilities and/or sanitizing systems easily accessible to everyone throughout the event. Personal size hand sanitizers will also be included with each registration packet.
Social distancing practices will be implemented according to all current venue, local, and state guidelines.
While we encourage all attendees to minimize their physical contact with others at the conference, LGS Foundation will provide colored ribbons to help attendees communicate their level of comfort in interacting with one another.
Purple = Greet from 6-feet
Green = Handshakes and high fives
Health and Safety Signage
Signage will be placed to remind all attendees to social distance and frequently wash and sanitize their hands.
On Site Screening
Conference attendees, exhibitors, vendors, and speakers will be required to participate in a wellness check before they receive their event badge. Everyone will receive a temperature scan and be asked the following questions before they receive their badge and entry into the conference:
- In the past 24 hours, have you experienced COVID-19 symptoms? (Fever or signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as cough, shortness of breath or sore throat.)
- Have you or people whom you have close contact with, like someone who lives in your house, a relative, a friend, or a co-worker
- tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days or
- had any COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days?
Monitoring after Conference
We ask attendees to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and contact us if they experience symptoms of COVID-19 within 10 days after participating in the conference. Registered attendees will be notified of any potential event exposure.
COVID Code of Conduct
To mitigate the spread of COVID-19, LGS Foundation requires all participants to adhere to this code of conduct for their participation as an attendee of the 2022 LGS Foundation Conference.
Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the WHO, CDC, and/or your local health authority regarding exposure, testing, and quarantine related to COVID-19.
- Adhere to government-issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the WHO, CDC, and/or the local health authority in the regions you will be traveling to and from.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Stay home if you are knowingly exposed to COVID-19, develop symptoms of COVID-19, or test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the event.
Onsite During the Event
- Follow guidance from the local health authority for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of viruses including:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw unused tissues in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Wear a properly fitting, medical mask during conference sessions and events. Face masks will cover from the bridge of your nose to past your chin.
- Adhere to physical distance protocols put in place by LGS Foundation, the venue, or local health authorities.
If, at any time, during the conference you feel unwell, learn that you have been exposed to COVID-19 at or less than 14 days prior to the event, develop symptoms of COVID-19, or test positive for COVID-19, do not attend the meeting. Please remain in your hotel room, or at home, and seek medical care.
Adherence to onsite guidelines in place at the time of event is required. Anyone not adhering to the guidelines will be asked to leave or be removed from the event premises and will not be eligible for a refund on their registration costs.
After the Event
If you learn that you have been exposed to COVID-19 at the event, were exposed less than 14 days prior to the event, or develop symptoms of COVID-19, or test positive for COVID-19 up to 10 days after returning home, please contact LGS Foundation at Kathy@lgsfoundation.org so that we can alert conference attendees of potential exposure anonymously.