Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle Giveaway
2022 elevate Patient Assistance Program Vehicle Giveaway
As part of our 2022 Elevate Patient Assistance Program, and with tremendous thanks to a generous donor, the LGS Foundation was able to gift one family a 2012 Handicap Accessible Honda Odyssey.
Program Overview and Policies
- This vehicle is made available to those who need assistance acquiring an accessible vehicle where it is vital but unaffordable.
- The equipment being gifted to an LGS family is a 2012 Honda Odyssey with an approximate odometer reading of 41,239 miles.
- Only applications in the United States are being considered.
- Any costs associated with registering and insuring the vehicle, transportation costs to take possession of the vehicle (the vehicle is in New York), or taxes are the sole responsibility of the awardee.
- There are no age requirements or restrictions, however, this is limited to families and individuals diagnosed with Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome.
- The equipment/accessibility item must be deemed necessary to meet the rehabilitation needs and/or quality of life goals specific to the child and their LGS diagnosis and must be confirmed by the LGS person’s physician. Please upload a current letter from the treating physician that includes the diagnosis and details the medical need and impact on the quality of life of the LGS person in Section 5 of the application.
- Personal information is required, and a detailed background narrative is very important to clearly demonstrate the need for this assistance.
- The application must be completely filled out and additional supporting documentation attached as needed to fully answer all questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The application must be completed online.
- The vehicle will be gifted directly to the LGS family.
- Applications will be available on our website and accepted from Jan. 25th – Feb. 15th, 2022.
- Applications will not be accepted after February 15, 2022 at 5:00pm Eastern Time
- The announcement will be made in March 2022, and a notification will be sent to each applicant via email.
- The LGS Foundation application review committee will be comprised of impartial board members and senior employees of the LGS Foundation.
- No directors, officers, or employees of the LGS Foundation will be permitted to receive this award. All conflict of interest policies and procedures will apply and be followed.
Due to the number of applications expected we are not able to accommodate all requests for assistance. If you have any questions about this Accessible Vehicle gifting please email Kathy@lgsfoundation.org